Monday, September 24, 2007

Thanks Eleanor!

I am now the proud owner of a U.S. passport! I have to give thanks to the good people in Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton's office, who helped me cut through the red tape and talk to a real live person who was able to tell me what documents I needed to expedite my passport. More passport advice--if you have a baby in another country, make sure you register their birth with the U.S. Consulate. This piece of paper is really important down the road. Also, thanks to my mom and dad for scrambling through their files for all the other paperwork I needed to get this done. Now I've got one of the fancy new passports covered in eagles, monuments, and the moon landing, just so no one will mistake me for a Canadian. I'm undocumented no more, which means we're on our way out of DC. Toutalou!
-K

No comments: